For healthy eating, a few simple tips to follow are drinking plenty of water, avoiding sweets and fries, reducing alcohol consumption, and balancing the amount of carbohydrate, protein, and fat throughout the day.
Healthy eating brings health benefits such as better weight control, improved work performance, increased memory and concentration, strengthened the immune system and disease prevention.
How To Have Healthy Eating
Some simple and easy steps to take to have a healthy diet are:
- Eat at least 2 units of fruit per day ;
- Consume vegetables at lunch and dinner;
- Include proteins such as cheeses and eggs for breakfast and afternoon snack;
- Make a varied food, alternating the fruits and vegetables that are consumed daily, and varying between meat, chicken, and fish as main sources of proteins;
- Drink at least 2.0 L of water per day ;
- Reduce salt intake , preferring to use natural seasonings such as garlic, onion, pepper, basil, and parsley, and avoiding the use of industrialized cube seasonings;
- Prefer whole foods , such as whole-grain bread and pasta, as they are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals;
- Avoid consumption of foods rich in sugar, such as soft drinks, cakes, chocolates, cookies, and candy;
- Avoid eating fried foods such as salted foods, pastries, breaded fries, and chips, preferring good fats like olive oil, nuts, avocado, coconut, chia and linseed;
- Avoid consumption of processed meats such as sausage, sausage, ham, bacon, turkey breast, and salami.
In addition, it is important to prefer natural and poorly processed foods, as they have a greater and better amount of nutrients than processed foods. Avoiding the daily consumption of industrialized foods is one of the main steps to start a healthy diet.
Benefits of Healthy Eating
Food plays a very important role in health, bringing benefits such as:
- Give energy , which is essential for walking, thinking, studying or playing, for example;
- Prevent diseases , since food has the power both to cause and to prevent diseases such as cancer, heart problems, and organ malfunction;
- To promote the growth and renewal of tissues , especially of bones, skin, and muscles;
- Improve performance and concentration , because it favors the proper functioning of memory and the entire nervous system;
- Give more disposition, because the metabolism works better;
- Regulate the production of hormones and avoid problems like thyroid diseases, insomnia, and infertility.
For greater benefits, in addition to Healthy Eating, it is also important to practice regular physical activity, since exercise contributes to gaining muscle mass and fat loss, as well as increasing the disposition.